o'sullivan walks out

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:54 Thu 14 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
can u believe it?
Rocket ronnie o'sullivan walks out of his match with stephen hendry after missing a red trailing by 4 frames to 1.
what are your comments people
tricky_boi
tricky_boi
10:57 Thu 14 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Shocked!

He missed and it wasnt even an easy pot and he just walked.

Why would he of done that?
thelegends
thelegends
14:38 Thu 14 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Im well annoyed cos he had a chance of gettin to the final and im off 2 see it on sunday, he was the only person i wanted 2 see. Im sure there was a proper reason behind it!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:53 Thu 14 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
hes came out and apologised to the fans and hendry, puting it down to frustration at a "bad day at the office"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:52 Fri 15 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
the fans r gonna turn there backs on im, they payed and have driven, even flown on a plane to see him play and he walks out, terrible.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:59 Fri 15 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
no they won't, he got stressed i can understand that, he is a perfectionist and everything was going wrong for him, i guess he just couldn't stand anymore humiliation (even though this is worse) but, i'm a big ronnie fan and back up any choice he decides to make.

i think he should take a year out so he can calm down and practise and come back like the O'sullivan we know and start winning these tournies also become number ONE!!!

Edited at 23:00 Fri 15/12/06 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:18 Sat 16 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think he should be heavily fined for this, even docked ranking position. He had a bad day at the office, fair enough, but this doesn't give him any right to walk out the way he did. He clearly has problems and should be made to take a season out until he sorts himself out.

If I had of paid good money to see the game I wouldn't of been too happy. Was at the Hendry v O'sullivan match in Glasgow for premier league game and thought then that he didn't look to interested.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:24 Sat 16 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes it was on the news too, he said that it was because he was losing, BECAUSE HE WAS LOSING!, you dont leave a snooker match coz ur loosing! Yeah he had a bad day at the office, i have bad days at work, really bad, but i keep it cool, im not havin a go at him, just that it was the wrong thing to do, he risked alot of things by doing what he did.
spinner
spinner
Admin
17:09 Sat 16 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Very well put Ruddan.

It was a dispicable display. He was at work, plain and simple, and theres nothing excusable about walking out.

Apologising is pathetic, if he meant it he would have just carried on playing!!!

Hopefully he will be heavily fined and banned from future professional competition.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:18 Sat 16 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thanks spinner.

You serious about him being banned from future career, hes a good player.

Unless he has a break for about 6 months, then comes back onto the scene
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:22 Sun 17 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
thats ridiculus, yes he probably shouldnt have done it, but a ban would be a bit harsh, id rather be witnes to a big event like that than watch a poor quality game of snooker regardless whos playing. and he just took a break in the summer to go and play pool in the u.s didnt work out well for him but he says he enjoyed it more than snooker.
cool_dude
cool_dude
06:40 Sun 17 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think he should be heavily banned and fined for that it was a disgrace to the game and not a good example for younger players watching.
martin_blank
martin_blank
08:10 Sun 17 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Snooker Professional (847.2)
Wins: 2290 (60%)
Losses: 1001 (40%)
Abandoned Games: 1 (1%)

Well,I can't see whatall the fuss is about. He's abandoned a lot less games than most on here

Now, had Hendry been in the middle of a big break when he walked out...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:02 Sun 17 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Spoilt and brat spring to mind
nick
nick
Admin
09:37 Sun 17 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
martin_blank said:
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Snooker Professional (847.2)
Wins: 2290 (60%)
Losses: 1001 (40%)
Abandoned Games: 1 (1%)

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:51 Sun 17 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Quite selfish if you ask me. Did he not think about how it would affect his supporters?

Although ban is a little too harsh, i think he could do with a long break to sort himself out.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

o'sullivan walks out

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.