The Ashes...thoughts?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

stevo15
stevo15
13:45 Thu 30 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Obviously Aussies have the lead at 1-0 after some superb batting and poor play from the English

What does everyone think will be the final score? Views on the upcoming test? Can England come back?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:53 Thu 30 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
England started playing a bit better in the last test at Adelaide but will have to pick up especially in the bowling department. As long as we dont play as badly as we have until now weve got a reasonably good chance, i think but Austrailia are the best team in the world. Let's hope McGrath's heel plays up again!
martin_blank
martin_blank
13:59 Thu 30 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
My thoughts are somewhere along the lines of 'OH NO' followed by ARGHHHHHHH.

I reckon it'll be a whitewash, but you can get 50-1 on England winning the series. Worth 25 pence of anyone's money.

Edit - whups, thougfht I must have misheard that. It's 15-1, which means I will have to risk 75 pence.

Edited at 20:04 Thu 30/11/06 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:19 Thu 30 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
It wont be a total whitewash

England still have a bit of fight in them yet, i think]

Hopefully anyway....

Edited at 20:21 Thu 30/11/06 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:25 Sat 2 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
A very good days play from England last night declaring on 500 odd for four or five i think with Pietersen getting over 150 and Collingwood getting well over 200. It's looking up!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:37 Sat 2 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Full marks to Collingwood. Great effort!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:58 Sat 2 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
why no panesar AGAIN? wtf
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:56 Sat 2 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
beacause fletcher wants us to bat down to 8, which giles does consistently, lets face it hes a better batter than the dire geraint jones, some say we should have played 2 spinners but i reckon you can only do that if your pacemen are on top form, and apart from flintoff ours are looking ordinary

all hail the king of spain juan pablo gilo
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:33 Sat 2 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
looking forward to the next days play England on the way back...come on barmy army
jedbarker
jedbarker
15:30 Wed 13 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
BRING BACK MONTY!!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:31 Sat 16 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
No chance we winning it
But im not much of a fan so... i dont mind
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:45 Sun 17 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
theme 2 wicket right at the end might of just lost it for us
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:00 Sun 17 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Monty has pretty much told giles how good of a player giles is. I reckon giles should just come back home and retire from international cricket! lol...the ashes are pretty much over, just got to stop the whitewash
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:02 Sun 17 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Stupid Jones... he went in for tht catch when it was easy for Kevin P. I think Jones should be off the team, FULL STOP!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:45 Sun 31 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
japan will win
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:55 Sun 31 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
fatluv said:
japan will win

If you post one more pointless post/thread your posting ability will be revoked and nobody will be able to laugh at you again

stevo15
stevo15
12:26 Sun 31 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
martin_blank said:
My thoughts are somewhere along the lines of 'OH NO' followed by ARGHHHHHHH.

I reckon it'll be a whitewash, but you can get 50-1 on England winning the series. Worth 25 pence of anyone's money.

Edit - whups, thougfht I must have misheard that. It's 15-1, which means I will have to risk 75 pence.

Martin...You may be right about the whitewash...but a wasted 75 pence...should have bought a creme egg instead
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:18 Sun 31 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oh England why are you so bad.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Ashes...thoughts?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.