Stoke are top of the league

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:29 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
For the first time in many years stoke are top of the league

being a stoke fan id thought id post it on here !!

UP THE POTTERZ !!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:14 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think Scunthorpe will win that league.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:03 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
WBA all the way!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:56 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
lewis007 said:
WBA all the way!

Nah. West Brom have only won 2 or their last 7 games (even Preston beat them). Stoke have only lost 1 of their last 17 (1-0 away at Charlton).

I think the last time Stoke had a realistic chance of promotion was in the Sheron/Peschisolido days. Good luck to 'em.

Bristol go top if they beat Palace tomorrow. What I want to know is how the hell are they still up there? They've scored less than Colchester, and they've only managed 8 more than Scunthorpe. Their defence hasn't been any better than the teams around them either. =S
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
12:43 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
they are still up there cos they have more points than the teams below them
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:01 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Haha. Yeah, I kinda gathered that.

Just a bit unusual to see a team that high when they struggle to score goals, that's all.
madmiketyson
madmiketyson
13:04 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah but theyre not built around scoring loads of goals- they just work hard as a unit to stop people scoring goals and try to nick one- i dont think youll see them get humilliated anywhere by 4 or 5 goals- i saw them last season and was impressed with how he has them playing
_nick87_
_nick87_
13:19 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
there a good side but i think they'll really struggle in the premiership same with bristol city i think anyway

they might actually beat sunderlands record of 15 pts worth a go

Edited at 19:20 Sun 17/02/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:49 Sun 17 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
madmiketyson said:
yeah but theyre not built around scoring loads of goals- they just work hard as a unit to stop people scoring goals and try to nick one- i dont think youll see them get humilliated anywhere by 4 or 5 goals- i saw them last season and was impressed with how he has them playing

Hmm, I have to admit I haven't seen them play. But looking at the stats, the teams with a similar number of goals scored/conceded are all way off the pace (Burnley, Hull, Cardiff, Leicester etc).

They have to be doing something right I suppose. Can't all be down to luck.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:54 Sun 24 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Can't believe i havent seen this post lol

UP THE POTTERS

I really hope we can get this promotion we've got the best chance in a LONG LONG TIME. I still think the 2 teams we have to be aware of are watford and west brom. I could be wrong but i think bristol city will die off hope not though ad like to see us and them go up
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:23 Tue 26 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Preston 2 - 0 Stoke

Get in there!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:25 Wed 27 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
wont be for too long though playoffs ure lookin at
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:34 Wed 27 Feb 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
schuldiner said:
Preston 2 - 0 Stoke

Booooo!

^ More like what I would have said if it was actually me posting.

Nah top 2 is realistic. It's a 4 horse race for automatic promotion, and WBA are awful at the moment, which leaves Stoke, Watford and Bristol. If Stoke beat Bristol at home, and get something away at Watford in the run-in, there's no reason why they can't still win the league.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Stoke are top of the league

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.