2nd test: Australia v India

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:27 Sun 6 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Im not a big cricket fan....i hate test matches but I must say that I was jumping for joy when Australia beat India with 8 minitues to spare on day 5.

We decalred earlier in the day setting india 333 to win, only the aussies could win it and India was holding out for a draw.

M.S Dhoni and Anil Kumble had a strong partnership and the we got Dhoni

Michel Clarke, part time bowler he got Harbijhan Singh...then RP Singh to be on a trick to Sharmra....doesnt get the hat trick but next dilivery...caught at slip!!

yes...a long story, im not much of a cricketer but to win like that with 8 mins to go on the final day....you had to be watching it to believe what had happened!

best come back by Australia since the Adelaide test match against the poms in 06/07 Ashes
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:43 Sun 6 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Afl, don't refer to the English as poms. Some might find it offensive.....

Edited at 07:56 Sun 6/01/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:56 Sun 6 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
its afl
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:57 Sun 6 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well done Australia, though it was a very close call, especially with the partnership between Dhoni and Kumble going on and on. Ponting perhaps declared too late, but it worked out alright in the end, so well done to the Aussie bowlers!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:04 Sun 6 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
i can call the ponting decleration perfect timing!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:05 Sun 6 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yea, Ponting planned for a part-time bowler to just miss out on a hat-trick to win the match in the penultimate over!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:04 Sun 6 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
aflumpire said:
We decalred earlier in the day setting india 333 to win, only the aussies could win it and India was holding out for a draw
Sounds like Shane Warne had a point when he referred to the Australians as more and more arrogant....

Of course the Indians could have won the match.....sigh
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:16 Sun 6 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
forum post removed by user

Edited at 23:28 Sun 6/01/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:35 Sun 6 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
With the run rate India has managed throughout the tour so far, a target over 300 in 70-odd overs was always going to be a severe challenge for the Indians. And of course the highest chase at the SCG prior to this test was only 288 - 45 runs less than the Indians target.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

2nd test: Australia v India

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.