England & Mclaren!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:46 Thu 7 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Do you think we r gd enough to go to euro2008 n win it or even make it the group stage? Shud Mclaren b sacked n get a replacement asap i.e. redknapp or o'neil to b the manager or even alan shearer?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:56 Thu 7 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
ALAN SHEARER? WTF? Seriously, that's the problem with England, i was gob smacked when people were campainging for Pearce to be England manager. England have made their bed, we must now lie in it, we are not good enough to win Euro 2008, i really don't know if we're going to qualify.

When Mclaren does fail, i think we need an experienced manager to take over, one with nothing but attacking football on his mind, because that is when England play well! Someone like O'Neil would be good, Pearce is a great prospect for the future, just let him learn his trade.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:59 Thu 7 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
ALAN SHEARER? WTF? Seriously, that's the problem with England, i was gob smacked when people were campainging for Pearce to be England manager. England have made their bed, we must now lie in it, we are not good enough to win Euro 2008, i really don't know if we're going to qualify.

When Mclaren does fail, i think we need an experienced manager to take over, one with nothing but attacking football on his mind, because that is when England play well! Someone like O'Neil would be good, Pearce is a great prospect for the future, just let him learn his trade.

Why not shearer luk at holland wid van basten n germany wid klinsman they dont hav experience n luk them they hav done better then wot england hav done. klinsman took germany to the world cup semi-final. shearer could do sumthing like that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:14 Thu 7 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i hope england dont progress to the euro's, then we will have to get rid of mclaren, and in 2 years time hopefuly chelsea might have won the champions league and mouriniho would then manage us after chelsea, cant believe lampard is stil in team, startin line up shoudl be

gk. murray
rb. richards
lb. cole
cb. terry
cb. ferdinand/king
rm. lennon/beckham
lm. j.cole
cm. hargreaves
cm. gerrard
st. rooney
st. owen

subs. robinson, neville, bridge, lampard (incase gerrard has a quiet game), beckham/lennon, crouch, defoe

Edited at 20:15 Thu 7/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:26 Thu 7 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Almost agreed but Jose Mourinho we r not letting him go !!!! lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:28 Thu 7 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
End of day what ever manager we have theres only some much he can do, cant argue with his team selection, cept dropping beckham but seems to have come to his senses on that matter the players need to play as a team insead of individuals. As for euro 2008, think we will qualify, just making hard work of it as we always do, probs go out to portugal in quarters lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:24 Fri 8 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Mourihno as England manager, pfffttt.

He'd turn us into another defending team, which we're poop at!
jw_cued
jw_cued
14:28 Fri 15 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Mourihno only looks good because of Abramovich's money. Mclaren's doing good enough. Especially now Rooney and Beckham are back in the team.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:31 Fri 15 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
jw_cued said:
Mourihno only looks good because of Abramovich's money. Mclaren's doing good enough. Especially now Rooney and Beckham are back in the team.
how can you say that, he had no money at porto but still won trophies lol
sm_rat
sm_rat
06:05 Sat 16 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
But you need some money to win the title. If a team went the season with £0, where would they get to?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:53 Sat 16 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Mclaren should be out, he should never have been hired in the first place! And I'm still wondering if we will even qualify for Euro 2008 the way this has gone.

And saying Shearer as manager, Shearer is one of my heroes! But putting him straight into England manager? No...He's got no managing experience, yes, he's got his badges, but he hasn't been in the position where he has got to pick a team, talk about tactics and all that sort of stuff...Maybe for the future, but not now.

Shearer for Toon!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:32 Sat 16 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
But yeah Steve Mclaren for England manager wasn't the best choice around was it?

Whats he famous for hes nothing special really we could do with a top class manager for Euro2008. But if the players dont play well you cant blame the manager.
30_01_90
30_01_90
08:05 Sat 16 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
seriously would have chose alan curbishley or harry redknapp instead of mclarren...and as john said we r poop at defending although we probably have the best defence to pick from in europe so maybe they need training on working together.
Then again the same couls be said for the whole team...overall we do have the best team in Europe (on paper) they jus dont put it together and play as 1 unit
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:22 Sat 16 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i think sam allardyce, what a manager!, look at what he has done to bolton, they was a championship side once, you wouldn't think so though would you?, finishing 5th in the premiership, and with no major money to spend!, he uses the player he has got and trains them, work's with them... if MCclaren goes, i would offer allardyce the job, i think he would take it aswell personally.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:29 Sat 16 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
mourinho has got to be next england boss, yes he has had mega money to spend, but what other manager in the world at teams including man utd, barcalona, real madrid's (all big spenders) have got an unbeaten record at home for over 5 years ?? and what other manager in the world has won every title there is to win in such a short period of time, he has spent millions but that doesnt mean the team wil automatically play class, the team has to be gelled, i just read that he is a deffensive manager, how can he turn us deffensive when he plays 4-3-3 at chelsea with j.cole, drogba, robben, wright-phillips, all playin as front 3, that is not deffensive lol, mourinho would put all england players in there place, and would win trophies with us

Edited at 13:30 Sat 16/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:39 Sat 16 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
So you're saying Mourinho don't play defensive football? <Confused smiley>

I think Stewart Pearce is the next England manager in the making, we need someone with passion, who lets our boys play their own game.

Almost replicant of England's rugby union manager, Robinson, who tried to make England play to a game plan all the time, it never worked! I think England foot ball team are the same also, they play a high tempo game, and we play better like that!
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

England & Mclaren!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.