Gobsmacked........

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:21 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Just read that Liverpool fans are the worst in Europe. How can this be true. How come Uefa can release statements like these, yet they won't speak out much on violence in other countries?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20070604/tuk-liverpool-fans-the-worst-in-europe-u-45dbed5.html

Edited at 14:22 Mon 4/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:35 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Some Liverpool supporters (not all of them) are quite....bad....no denying that. However I strongly doubt that they are the worst in Europe. A policeman was killed in Italy as a result of hooligans earlier this season, and a lot of the recent of AC Milan vs Inter games have to be stopped/abandoned because of crowd trouble (flares, pitch invasions etc).

That statement is very arguable.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:54 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
It's funny how statistics can be used in any which way people deem neccessary.

I wonder how many fans Liverpool have DELIBERATLEY killed in the past. Now compare it to other nations, and it doesn't look so bad in my opinion.

I think there is an under current of anti-English within eufa and Europe. England is the safest place to watch a Europeam game, yet they still manage to turn it round on 'us'. That 'we' are the hooligans.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:20 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Liverpool's fans can be bad yes but surely so are many others?

You may say im biased but what would have happened if it was man u or chelsea or barca, or any other team in the competition, in this years final of the champions league or the Istanbul final? Im sure they would have not left with clean names! Liverpool have got to two very prestegious finals and yes they have been marred by violence, I do not deny that, but have not other match been the same in this years champions league in earlier rounds?

These type of new reports seem to be a way of propergande that continually drives a bigger wedge between english football and there fans and the rest of the world!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:44 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
of course uefa is anti english, its ran by the french. but to be fair, liverpool fans are pretty bad, tickets were stole from children, and they did go to istanbul and raise the crime rate, there not the worst in europe thats gota be the racists in spain, but liverpool are still bad
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:15 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
ison said:
but liverpool are still bad

Can I insert a some into that comment We aint all bad
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:39 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
lille are has the worst fans, take the Manchester United vs Lille match in 2006/07 season, that was outragious
kwan
kwan
06:21 Tue 5 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i_love_emma said:
lille are has the worst fans, take the Manchester United vs Lille match in 2006/07 season, that was outragious

have to agree with you there football match ? eesh
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:41 Tue 5 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm not 100% sure about this, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it clashes between Man U fans and Police in that game. And you can't say that they have the worst fans going by one game...

Like has been said, some Liverpool fans are badly behaved, but there are some fans for every team in Europe that are badly behaved! And I believe it wasn't right at all for Uefa to release a statement like that, fair enough they can judge it between themselves, but I don't think they should make that sort of statement publically known.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:26 Thu 7 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
ijust cant understand the mentality of football hooligans, the idea of fighting someone just because they support a different football team is mind numbingly idiotic, and one of the reasons i prefer going to watch cricket, last game i went to, at leicstershire, i had a jolly nice chat with a few of the opposing fans, had a couple of drinks together and generaly got on rather well, whats wrong with that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:35 Thu 7 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Totally agree ison. Although i prefer to watch a game of rugby! Same thing with rugby, all the fans with and generally get along well, both domestic, club european, and International level.

Which pub did you drink in? I live down the road from the cricket ground! Nice pub, the one attached to the ground, a proper 'flat cap' pub!
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Gobsmacked........

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.